Traigh Mhor holiday cottage on Mull is ideally placed to explore the island and all it has to offer. Here are some Mull holiday attractions and ideas and “must dos” if you’re planning a trip to the island. You can also check out our Events Calendar to discover what’s on during your stay.
Traigh Mhor holiday cottage lies on The Ross of Mull – the long, southern peninsular of Mull, stretching from Kinloch to Fionnphort.
- Explore the scenery
- Walk the wilderness
- Discover beautiful, uncrowded beaches, such as Knockvologan, pictured at the top of this page, deserted townships – and hundreds of miles of amazing coastline
- Take to the sea on a trip to the Treshnish Isles
- Visit Fingal’s Cave on Staffa
- Go wild with a close-up look at Mull’s fantastic wildlife and spectacular birds from puffins to sea eagles.
- Spend the day on the sacred isle of Iona
- Walk over to Erraid: the setting for Robert Louis Stevenson’s novel Kidnapped
- Sail the coastline or charter a boat! Mark Jardine on Iona offers scheduled trips throughout the week and you can hire the whole boat to yourselves – see his Alternative Boat Hire website for full details.
Things to do – further afield on Mull
- Take a day out to Tobermory, the island’s colourful capital
- Show young visitors around Pc Plum’s beat – Balamory
- Bag a Munro – climb Ben More
- Tour the Tobermory distillery
- Go whale watching
- Visit the stunning private island of Ulva for oysters and Guinness and amazing views of the Treshnish Isles
- Soak up some history at Duart Castle, home of the 28th Chief of Clan Maclean